Tuesday, April 10, 2012

This is it......here we go!!

Welcome to our Mother/Daughter blog's very first post. Phew!!!! What a time it has been.  We are very fortunate to be together during this Easter season so we thought it would be a good time to try and get this up and running.  Mom & Dad are visiting us in Syracuse for a few days and in between church, shopping,  movies, EATING, walking the dogs, cooking, EATING and talking about our new blog.  Oh, and did I mention EATING, we decided to finally stop talking about it and finally get this blog up and running.


My sister-in-law has had a blog with a few of her friends for awhile now and has been our inspiration for starting our own.  Please visit her blog, 11 Magnolia Lane here if you get a chance.  You will not be disappointed. 


We are not quite sure what you will find on this blog as it changes and evolves every time Mom and I talk about it.  What I do know is it will be interesting, funny, light-hearted and I would imagine, sometimes serious.  It is our attempt at trying to stay connected and hopefully inspire many readers.


You will see that we are so very much alike but at the same time so very different.  For example we both love the Lord, our families and life.  We both have a small dog that runs our lives and that we love very much.  Decorating our homes is a passion that we both share and perusing the magazines that go along with that.  Fortunately or unfortunately (if you're talking to our husbands) we love to go shopping.  I think we've made it a national past time for us.  Sharing blogs through email and texting and following each other on Pinterest has brought us to this point.  Check out Chrissy's pinterest boards here and Holly's here.


Mom loves garage sales, thrift stores and consignment shops.  I would rather watch grass grow than to accompany her to any the aforementioned.  I love to do yoga and boot camp classes.  Mom is happy to just walk, walk and walk some more.  Mom can't sit still for more than 5 minutes unless her favorite shows like American Idol, The Good Wife or Blue Bloods is on.  I, on the other would be more than happy to sit around all day watching golf or the New York Yankees.  You see, I have been dubbed "the sports chick" by my lovely family.  My favorite golfer is either Phil Mickelson or Bubba Watson (even before he won The Masters).  My Yankee favorites are Derek Jeter and Nick Swisher.  Coffee with sugar free hazelnut creamer and a packet of Truvia is a staple every morning for Mom, I will say I love the smell, but haven't acquired a taste for it at all.  Give me orange juice and oatmeal each morning and I am a happy camper.


Before we close our first post I would like to say a very Happy Birthday to my one and only brother (and sibling).  He is my Mom's second child.  He is a cartographer in the DC area. (See, we are spread out all over the East Coast).  He has a wonderful family that we try to visit whenever our schedules permit.




HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRO!!!! (Don't you think he looks like Tom Cruise, or Keanu Reeves?)




Here are just a few pictures from our time together over Easter. Enjoy!




Meet Daisy (a Westie) and Flip Flop (a Lhasa).








This is my daughter Chloe, who will be guest posting once a month on the life of a 17 year old.  She is an inspiring photographer, an avid horseback rider and would like to explore a career in Physical Therapy.











2 comments:

  1. Blessings to both of you my creative friends, you will be a joy to follow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrates on your first official post... loving your new blog. Thom say's thank you for all the b-day wishes.

    ReplyDelete