Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Quick Change Artist

Truth be told, having my picture taken is something that ranks quite low on my list of things I enjoy doing.  What I do take pleasure in is perusing the many blogs out in "blogland" that does talk about style/fashion.  There are some incredible blogs out there that are so fun and filled with information on the latest trends or what's here to stay.  I have learned so much from these wonderful women that it has renewed my love of fashion and style.  When Mom and I decided to start this blog, we discussed what some of our topics would be.  I mentioned that maybe I could make a style post like so many of the style blogs I read everyday.  You gals make it look so easy.  I tip my hats to you over and over again.  Here are only some of my favorites:


At some point, once we figure out how to run this blog, we would like to have a listing of many more of our favorite blogs and the ones we frequent the most.

Before I get to my pictures and the story behind them, let me tell you a little about myself.  I'm 40-something (OK, 46 if you really have to know).  I am originally from Buffalo, NY but now reside in Syracuse.  We have lived here for almost 14 years.  I have a degree in Business Management from SUNY College at Buffalo but have probably not put it to good use yet.  I've spent the last 19 years raising my two children, 19 and 17 years old.  What I have been doing is working as a teaching assistant since they started school.  The pay isn't great but everything else about it is......the days and hours especially.  When they came home each day from school, so did I.  When they had a snow day, so did I.  When they were off all summer, so was I.  It is the best situation.  Anyway, my days are spent with kids, whether I'm at school or at home.  I will admit, I love every minute of it.

I'm only 5'1" (on a good day) and over the past 5-10 years basically ate whatever I wanted and wasn't really physically active.  Need I tell what happened?  I woke up one day and said enough is enough.  Eight months later I am 33 pounds lighter and am exercising at least 5 days a week.  People have asked me how I did it.  It's actually quite simple: "East less, move more and most importantly, pray!"  I have not done this alone by any means.  Banker Man and I have been doing this together.  He has lost about 38 pounds to date.  With the help of each other and the Lord above we have accomplished quite a bit.  We give Him all the glory.

That brings me to the fashion point.  I always enjoyed fashion but thought it all looked terrible on me.  Now, things actually fit me and don't look half bad.  Hence, my renewed interested in style/fashion.

These first set of pictures are what a typical outfit looks like for me when I'm not at school.  It's just really comfortable with all the running around I do and pretty presentable.





sweater: Forever21, top: Anthropologie, cropped jeans: Target, sandals: Forever21, watch: Isaac Mizrahi


Now, what happens if you get a phone call from your husband that something has come up and you need to accompany him to some event or function later that day.  Basically, how do you do a "quick change" when something unexpected comes up?  You change some things, you add some things, or maybe even take away some things.





blazer: Marshalls, top: Anthropologie, trousers: Talbots, sandals: Marshalls, bag: gift,  necklace: thrifted, watch: Isaac Mizrahi, bracelets: Banana Republic, vintage, QVC

My comfort level is through the roof right now.  This is quite awkward for me.  Imagine how I feel.  I will eventually stop hyperventilating. Until then, hope you enjoy the "fashion show".  I'll be hiding in the bathroom the rest of the day.












No comments:

Post a Comment