Thursday, April 26, 2012

Birth Verse

One thing that Mom and I do have in common is our love of the Lord.  He is the center of our lives.  We are who we are because of Him.  His plan for us has brought us exactly to where we are today.  Be thankful for it everyday.


I have a little story to tell.  A couple of years ago it was time to start thinking about what to get Mom for her birthday.  I always want to try and find something that she would absolutely love and that is totally unexpected (meaning, she hasn't asked for it).  So, this particular year I was browsing through a catalog that had just come in the mail (I average about 3-4 a day).  I came across this sterling silver beaded bracelet that you could order with your "birth verse" on it.  You  had to trust that they would choose a verse that would be an inspirational one.  Her birthday is December 19th.  The verse they chose for her was: "Do not take revenge, my friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written:  It is mine to avenge; I will repay"......Romans 12:19.   So I started wondering what could be my birth verse?  My birthday is January 9th.  After hours of reading the bible (which was really great by the way, I highly recommend it), I proclaim my birth verse to be:  Have I not commanded you?  Be strong and courageous.  Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go......Joshua 1:9.  I chose this verse for a few reasons. First, Joshua is the name of my oldest child and secondly, it just spoke to me.  Who wouldn't want the Lord to be with them always? 

The story gets even better.  The other night Banker Man and I rented a DVD for the two of us to watch.  We rented "Courageous".  What a great movie!  It definitely brought tears to my eyes.  I think Banker Man cried through the whole movie.  Anyway, at the very end they flashed a bible verse on the screen.....Joshua 24:15.  It is very popular, one I'm sure you've heard of: "As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord".  At the exact same time we both had an epiphany.  Not only is it in the book of Joshua again but it's chapter 24, verse 15.  You see,  our children were born on those days.....Joshua on the 15th and Chloe on the 24th.  We cried even more.  I believe that there are no coincidences.  Everything is of God.  You just have to choose to look around, be aware of your surroundings, let the Lord be apart of every aspect of your life.  That night the Lord opened our eyes to that bible verse, one we have heard so many times but never realized what the chapter or verse was.  What is your "birth verse"?  Look it up.  I'm sure you'll be inspired.


This is my favorite bible verse.  Here it is in it's entirety:  "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"...1Thessalonians 5:16-18.

I'm going to leave you today with this thought:  "Do you know that nothing you do in this life will ever matter, unless it is about loving God and loving the people he has made." Francis Chan

2 comments:

  1. Really love your blog dear!
    Keep posting!
    XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much! Your comments mean a lot to us!

      Delete