Thursday, July 12, 2012

A Passion for Fashion

One of my favorite things to do when I'm surfing the web is catch up on all the latest fashion.  When I find a look I like I "pin it" to my fashion board on Pinterest.  While looking at that board the other day, I noticed that a lot of the things that I pinned, I already owned, or at least some form of it.  That's what gave me the idea for this post.


So, with the help of my lovely and talented daughter, who is becoming quite the photographer, I set out to recreate some of my favorite looks.  Not an easy fete.  I was exhausted by the time we were finished.  Five outfit changes in a matter of a half hour is enough to make one weary I tell ya!


With no further ado, here are our results:


                                         http://gabbagabbagorg.tumblr.com

I suppose the more we do this the better we'll get at it.  For example, having our cars as a backdrop is not ideal.  I chose this picture though, because it was the best one.

http://www.polyvore.com/look_for_less/set?.svc=copypaste&embedder=0&id=44267529

This is actually an outfit I wear often.

http://pinterest.com/pin/90353536243640448/

The picture on the left shows this outfit worn in the winter.  As you can see, it is very versatile and can be adapted to the warmer weather too.

http://www.kelleymoorecreativemedia.blogspot.com/

Did I tell you that it was about 82 degrees here in Central New York today.  That probably sounds down right cold compared to other parts of the country.  I took advantage of the great breezes and didn't sweat too much in some of these sweaters.

http://www.nastygal.com/whats%2Dnew/light%2Dwave%2Ddress

I know, the only similarities here are that they are both white dresses.  That's what makes them so great to have in your wardrobe for the warmer months.  Any color or accessory can be added to this dress to completely change the look.  You can wear it with flats and a scarf for a fun day touring your favorite city or dress it up for a date night with some heals, a great statement necklace and a fabulous bag.  The possibilities are endless.

Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your warm weather fashions for a few more months.

Holly

Photo 1: top-American Eagle, shorts-Target, belt-F21, sandals-Aerosoles (Marshalls)
Photo 2: sweater-J.Crew Outlet, t-shirt-Calvin Klein (Marshalls), denim crops-J.Crew Outlet, shoes-Anne Klein (Lord & Taylor)
Photo 3: dress-F21, leggings-J.Jill, necklace-American Eagle
Photo 4: sweater-Banana Republic, top-American Eagle, belt-F21, shorts-American Eagle
Photo 5: dress-Loft

No comments:

Post a Comment