Friday, July 27, 2012

Geometrics

I just bought a new chair and I absolutely love it!
I wasn't planning on it.  It just happened.
My plan was to buy a leather chair for a particular spot in my living room.

I wanted one like this:

horchow

or this:

joss and main

or maybe even this:

3.bp.blogspot

I also knew that it was going to take me a long time to get one.  See with one child in college and the other one not far behind, I had to get my priorities straight.  Buying a new leather chair was not at the top of my list.  So, it was either wait many years down the road, or, see this one at Marshalls on sale for an incredible price and talk my wonderful husband into why we should buy this one while we wait save for the leather one of my dreams.


What do you think?  Isn't it just beautiful!


I adore the geometric pattern on the fabric.  That seems to be all the rage lately.  By the time I can afford to get that lovely leather chair, this will probably be out of style.  I do prefer to purchase timeless pieces, hence, the leather chair.  For right now, I'm downright giddy about this piece.

Here are some great uses of geometric patterns.  They all look so fabulous.  Who knows, maybe they are becoming the new timeless.  Only time will tell.

Pinterest

HGTV

Pinterest

Pinterest

Pinterest

houzz.com

honey we're home

the hunted interior

honey we're home

designer's  attic

  Look for a post in the future when my entire living room is complete.  Still need some sort of bamboo shades for my windows, a side table to go with my new chair and maybe a floor lamp to make it the perfect reading spot.


Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you're enjoying your summer so far.  I know I am.  Having the summers off is just glorious.
Holly




No comments:

Post a Comment