Friday, April 13, 2012

Living Room Makeover

One of my most favorite past times is decorating my home.  It brings me such joy. It lets me be creative in many different ways. It is so much fun.  I must mention that my husband (we'll call him banker man from now on) lets me do whatever I would like.  He is very supportive as well.  Hanging curtains, shelves and pictures is a common weekly occurrence he gladly helps out with.


One of our most recent decorating adventures has been re-doing our living room.  I've certainly been taking my time on this one that's for sure.  It all started when my best friend came for a visit well over a year ago.  As we were catching up one late night, I mentioned that I would love to sell my existing furniture and start all over.  A couple months later we were chatting on the phone and she asked if I was serious about getting rid of my furniture.  I told her "yes" and the rest is history.  We drove it out to Buffalo that particular January.  That August, my brother-in-law and sister-in-law came to help us install new hardwoods.  The following March we had our new special order couch delivered.  See what I mean.....it has taken forever to get where I am today.  And guess what?  I'm still not done.  


Here are a few inspirations I had for my couch.


I do not have room for two couches but the color and shape are what intrigued me.

Here is a couch with a slipcover.  I'm not sure I'm a fan of slipcovers, but I like the idea of it.
image: pinterest

It's all the colors in this photo that got me going.  I was also toying with idea of a beige/taupe color instead of cream/white.
image: staceywiley.com

Although this couch is not the color I was looking for, the colors and the rug had me thinking.
image: littlegreennotebook.blogspot.com

Although my living room is not yet finished, I am so thrilled with the results so far.  It is my favorite room in the house.  Here are a few sneak peak pictures of how it looks so far.  I will do and entire post later down the road when it is completely finished.  At my pace though, it may be a long time from now.

What do you think so far?

The prints are from Marshalls and so are most of the pillows.  The coffee table is a garage sale find from Mom.  The far end table is from Hobby Lobby.  The couch is by Bassett.

All the lamps are from Marshalls.  The round table cover is from Ballard Designs.  The drapes are from Pier One.

The ghost chairs were ordered on-line from Interior Express.  The side table is from World Market.  The area rug is from Pottery Barn.

The desk is from World Market.  The lamp is old that I spray painted black and bought the shade at Marshalls along with the ledge and pin board.

Hope you have all enjoyed the little romp around my living room.  It certainly is fun for me to decorate.  I just wish my passion wasn't so expensive.  It really teaches me patience that's for sure.  With a little research and shopping around it can be done on a budget and that is what my ultimate goal is: doing what I love on a budget.




No comments:

Post a Comment