Friday, June 29, 2012

Gardening In Our Lives

I am fairly new at gardening.  I've only become somewhat interested in the past few years.  My interests lie mostly in perennials because they are pretty maintenance free.  The annuals that I usually plant are in containers.  My favorite are geraniums. This year I thought I would try my hand at growing some herbs.  This, I also thought I would try in containers.  So far, so good.  It's great to just walk out my front door with scissors in hand and cut off what I need for that day's dinner.


What I've also learned about gardening is the most amazing colors that certain plants produce.  If you are ever looking for the perfect color for something such as decorating (wall color, accessories) or what to wear to your next outing (dress, sweater, scarf) just look outside.  Mother nature certainly knows how to put on a show.


Raspberry Delight


All images are from Pinterest

Something that I am really, really bad at, that somehow I have to figure out how to remedy, is that I cannot remember the name of anything.  The top picture is from my garden.  What's it's name?  I have no clue.  Someone the other day asked what the name of the wall color was in my living room.  I had no clue.  Is this something that I should keep track of?  Do people really know this kind of stuff?  Anyway, I was thinking I needed to add a third color to my living room.  An accent color of sorts.  My living room is blues and greens (click here for a refresher).  This raspberry color may just do the trick.  What do you think?


You Are My Sunshine

All images are from Pinterest except the center and far right bottom corner images are from my garden.

The outside can also give you ideas for color combinations.  I've always loved the color yellow, but putting yellow and white together just makes me smile from ear to ear.  It's such a bright and cheerful combination.


Orange You Glad.....

All images are from Pinterest except the upper right image is from my garden.

Pantone's 2012 color of the year is none other than Tangerine Tango.  I would be remiss if I left that gorgeous color out of my list of beautiful nature inspired colors.  My guest bedroom walls (now don't ask me the name of the color) is a form of Pantone's 17-1463.  You can use it in so many ways if your not quite brave enough to go all in. Accessories such as pillows, lamps, window treatments and even accent rugs are great ways to to use this warm, luscious color.

Have fun all you color enthusiasts!  Look in your garden, go for a walk (like my mom did here), or just be a little more aware when you're out and about and I bet you'll find your next wall color.  If anything, you'll appreciate what Mother Nature has to offer.

HOLLY

4 comments:

  1. Love these collages! I have no idea what that first flower is called but it is beautiful. I'm terrible at remembering flower names. My mom knows just about every flower out there.

    Amy


    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete
  2. That rasberry delight is ah-mazing!! LOVE

    ReplyDelete