Sunday, September 30, 2012

For the Love of Fall!



It's Fall y'all!!!

The word Fall itself conjures up so many wonderful, happy thoughts! It is by far my favorite season of all.  Of course, Summer is a very close second.

Cool, sunny days. Crisp, cold nights. Crackling fire in the fireplace.  Breathtaking colors. Big cozy sweaters. Boots. Crunching leaves underfoot. Hot chocolate. Pumpkin picking. Apple cider.


Check out this collage that I put together that perfectly portrays the incredible colors that Fall has to offer.  God is so amazing showing us what only He can do.

images courtesy of pinterest and google

I will admit that I am not a huge fan of Halloween. Sorry! I am however, a huge fan of Fall and all that goes along with it.

Decorating for this fabulous season is definitely a must on my to-do list.  Mums, pumpkins (especially white ones), wreaths and garlands top my list.  I found some incredible ideas that I may just have to try.

bhg.com
pinterest.com
Nothing says fall like when your front entrance is decked out to the fullest.  I love how the pumpkin above is hollowed out and a mum is placed inside.  Check out how some of those gourds are spray painted gold for a pop of bling!


How adorable is hanging the word "fall" on your front door.  Certainly something unusual that you don't see everyday.  Kim over at Sand and Sisal can give you the whole low-down on how to get it done.

thriftydecorchick.blogspot.com
josiejones.com

White pumpkins are my absolute favorite when it comes to fall decorating.  As a matter of fact I think I'll stop and pick some up today when I run my weekend errands.  There is a stand up the street from us that always has them every fall.  They are just so chic and add the right amount of contrast mixed in with your traditional orange pumpkins.




Now this is something that you don't see everyday!  Which is why I love it so much.  Wrap your pumpkins in black tulle and tie with wire  ribbons at the top.  A great twist on the pumpkins on your porch idea that is so popular. Mix those in with plain orange and white pumpkins, mums and some corn stalks and you'll be the talk of the neighborhood.  Oh, and don't forget a great wreath to top it all off on your front door.






mac-n-dix.blogspot.com



When Indian Summer rolls around, how about a picnic to enjoy some of the very last days of warmth.  Visit one of your area's county or state parks and live it up.  Bring a table cloth for the table, some chairs for lounging or reading, a frisbee or football for some outdoor exercise and throw your hiking boots in the trunk just incase you feel like a hike to work off all the scrumptious food you just devoured.


homegoods.com

The perfect way to end your picnic, or any other Fall day for that matter is by roasting some marshmallows by a fire.  Sitting around a fire all bundled up with blankets, making s'mores and singing songs brings back such sweet memories for me.



Can't build a fire any time soon?  No worries!  You can enjoy a different version of s'mores that doesn't require a fire at all.  You can make s'more trail mix.  All you need is Golden Graham cereal, mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.  Or, check out this recipe for a totally different version.  Either way, I'm sure they will both satisfy your graving.



I would be remiss if I didn't talk a little about Fall fashion.  Our Summers are so short here in upstate New York that I try and push it into September and October.  When the temperature finally does drop below 60 degrees, I love to pull out my cozy sweaters, jeans, boots and scarves.

Check out some of the fabulous Fall outfits I found on Polyvore.  I even created two myself. Can you guess which ones I did?





Well, that about wraps up everything I love about Fall and all that goes along with it.  Do you enjoy Fall as much as I do?  Or do you prefer another season instead?

Enjoy everything about Fall because the snow will be flying before you know it.  I know, I know, I just said that really bad four letter "s" word.  Sorry, it's a fact of life here in Syracuse.

Blessings,

Holly

PS.....the last two outfits are the ones I put together.  I wish shopping was that easy, and free too.  Oh well, a girl can dream can't she?

No comments:

Post a Comment